Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Parades 1, 2, and eventually...3!

Well, the parade season has officially started! We started off our "tour" of parades on Thursday when we went to the Gardendale Christmas Parade. We met up with Gamma and Pop Rhodes. Pop Rhodes had reserved us a great spot with his truck. We enjoyed a quick tailgate dinner and then cheered on the parade. Had a great time! I even saw a student (in the parade as Miss North Jefferson) from my first year of teaching! She was a little surprised to hear me from the crowd! Then we were on to the Homewood Christmas parade to cheer on Will as he marched with his cub scouts. It was a cold, snowy morning but we were there! And thank goodness- because we saw the best part of any parade so far- the Mayfair Dairy Brown Cow. He is our favorite thing right now. We see him when we go and visit Grandma and Pop King. Sometimes he is there and sometimes he is missing! We have to roll down the window and yell to the cow. Today, we saw him up close and personal! We were more excited about Brown Cow than Santa! In a couple of weeks, we'll be heading south for our final parade in Chelsea to cheer on Catherine as she twirls! We love the Chelsea parade and can't wait to cheer her on!
Watching the parade and holding on to candy! THE BROWN COW!! OH MY!

Will Will throwing us candy!


Cheese Mommy! Yes, I am cold and Yes, I wish I was playing in the snow!


Abby freezing in the cold as we waited for the parade to start! Tucker waving at the parade. He has that perfected!


This was one of my students from my first class I taught! She was surprised to see me! It was fun!


With Gamma and Pop Rhodes


With Mommy and Daddy at the Gardendale Parade











No comments: